Thursday, May 8, 2008

Disneyland is for the young and young at heart.

This is what I have to do first when I go to Disneyland. I could go back to all the times we have been there and put them side by side. Maybe that would be fun to see how the family has changed.



You know that commercial they have on television about the mom and daughter who go to Disneyland and the mom turns into a young girl again. Well that is just what happened to me. I was having a great time with my daughter. I went on every ride there was and screamed and laughed and had a blast.







































See what I mean. Does this look like a 60 year old woman who just rocks all day in her rocking chair. I think not. I was a 12 year old having the time of my life. I was even brave enough to hold my hands up on about the third time down splash mountain.


This is just to prove that it really did get cold that first night while waiting for the Parade of Dreams. I look like I am bundled up for baseball not waiting for a parade in sunny California. April is still the best time to go.


I was just strolling Bailee along one afternoon when suddenly I felt someone take my arm and lo and behold there was Minnie walking along with me. Now how lucky was that. She saw the kid in me too. Well, I have always wondered if they air conditioned those things some way because it would have to be hot. So here was my chance to ask. You can see from the way she is touching her forehead and she was gesturing that it was pretty hot and no they were not air conditioned. I instantly had empathy for them especially on those 100 degree days. Ouch!!!






















You can see Abby and I were everywhere together. We were just 2 kids having a great time together. There really was not one thing that we didn't do. Abby and I also got to go the Blue Bayou Restaurant for dinner one night. Now that was an awesome treat for me to be alone with my daughter having a yummy fancy dinner next to the Pirate ride, Abby's treat to boot. It was really expensive but definitely something that must be done at least once. (I decided next time I will take Lynn and then maybe he will like Disneyland a little better. He is not quite as young at heart as me.)


This was just before we went into the Snow White Ride and we asked the worker to take our picture, so we could actually have one of all of us together. This is after I bought my hat. Everyday and I would squint my eyes and think oh, I don't need a hat and then finally on Saturday I finally gave in bought one. Think of all the squinty lines I could have saved from my face. Oh, well. Now I have one to wear every time I go to Disneyland and also to watch Jeremy's ball games.



This is Sunday our last day. This is also where I always have to have a picture. A fitting picture for the end of my blog. All good things must come to an end sadly. We had a fantastic time and made many memories that will stay with us forever. Disneyland is truly a place where wishing upon a star can make wonderful things happen.


4 comments:

Abby said...

I love Disneyland so much, but I love it more when I am sharing it with my family. We are so blessed to be able to go somewhere and spend some time together. Love you.

Goofyness said...

Good blog, but next time you go we will have to go with you so we can join in on all of the fun. love you guys and I am glad that you had fun.
love you

Bailey Family said...

The next trip you'll get is when you come to Disney World with us when Louis graduates. So ya better save up. My kids were looking at your pictures and kept saying "I miss grandma so were going to get the cell and call you in a min.

Love,
Sheridy

Here at home said...

Patsy, you are awesome. That's neat you got to have that time with your daughter. She is a blast to hang out with.
You never grow old when you're having fun.