Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Challenges come in many different varieties.

Last weekend I was helping Linsey out by tending her 3 children while they went to Mesquite for their wedding anniversary. Very noble of me I might say. I had a good time driving down to New Castle listening to Michael Buble (my very favorite singer at the moment) and anticipating having a great time with the kids. Rachel is 4-1/2, Kyle 2 and Megan 2 months. I thought things were going great until I woke up Saturday morning to this!!!



Rachel is very quiet in the mornings and I did not hear her get up. She looks like a little indian getting ready for the war path. (Amazing that she slept through it all.) Rachel is always doing something to her sister. You would think that her eyes would go big and she would scream at the top of her lungs when she sees her sister, but not so as you can see from this.



She is smiling and watching everything her sister is doing. She is cooing and so happy. She idolizes her sister. Now go figure that.

Anyway the rest of the weekend went by without a hitch, mostly because I never left poor Megan alone again. Who knows what would have entered that little 4-year-old mind. We had a great time dancing to the Wiggles, reading and colorinig together, looking at the goats and kitties the neighbors have in the back yard. And you can bet I got plenty of kissing in from them all while I was there. I had a great time!!! Linsey, when you going again???

2 comments:

Abby said...

Poor Megan. She has no idea what is in store for her, but just think when she is older Rachel can help her with her hair and make-up so it's a wash. Right? Maybe not.

Here at home said...

So, who had more fun, you and the grandkids or Linsey and Ray?