Friday, September 11, 2009

STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE

 

Here is my story of how Labor Day went!  It was definitely a time of de ju vue for me.

100_0004  100_0005

You can see that we are all happy to be doing something different for a change.

100_0009

Unlike Abby, I knew this would be a great place to eat because the dives in a little town are always the bet.  We truly did have a bunch of food.  The pancakes were as big as the plate and yummy too.  

 100_0007100_0008

These cute shots were while we were waiting for our food.  The books on the table to read are those books they have there and they were written by a guy who used to be in our ward.  They were kind of goofy.

100_0013 100_0016  100_0015

The trilobite dig is always a fun stop.  It is great when you find one that is whole.  It is amazing that there are still some on the top of the shale.  We found quite a few.  Jeremy is at the age where climbing any tree he can find is what he loves to do.

100_0028 100_0025

This is Sinbad Canyon.  You can see the drop is awful and of course Matthew teases the kids about dropping them off.  Scare me to death!!!!!

100_0031  I think the rollercoaster road has gotten even better than when we used to go there.  Maybe Matthew was more daring at going fast than Lynn was but it definitely was fun.

100_0040

An we finally arrive at Castle Rock.  There are so many memories here that I can barely express them.  My mind when back 25 years and I could see Louis and Abby playing here all day long and loving it.  Camping in our trailer and having a great time in nature.  They would hike up the cave you see in the middle and throw rubber balls against the wall and hike and dig and anything else they could think of. 

100_0045

Abby had quite a hard time eating lunch in NATURE but she survived.  We had gotten some sandwich stuff in Delta.  Look at Bailee with the jacket and hood on.  You would think it is cold but it is raging hot.  For some reason she thought she had to have that on. 

100_0051  A desert trip is not complete without stopping by and saying hello to Bob Stinson’s cabin. 

100_0057 100_0058

This is a great view from the cabin looking down.

100_0059

Abby has had enough of nature and here we are getting into the car to go home; it was starting to cloud a little bit but it was a great day with lots of memories.  Now I have even more.  Next time you all need to come too.  The rollercoaster ride is quite awesome.

5 comments:

Jenny Stoker said...

I loved rollercoaster road! We will have to make a trip there. Sounds like a GREAT day!

Abby said...

Hey, I managed pretty good. It was all those HUGE bugs flying around my head when we were eating, I had enough by then. It was fun and Jeremy and Bailee LOVED the roller coaster road.

Sheridy said...

I remember going out there with you and Lynn when I was like 3 months prenant with Kenzie. I think that it would be funner to go now that I have kids that like to run around outside. Mckenzie and Stephen also Love to climb any trees that have a branch with in reach.

Matt said...

One of the best parts of the day was when we first got onto the dirt road that took us out to the desert. When we were driving, I heard Jeremy pipe up: "going to the desert was your idea mom so you can't say 'eeww! Nature!'". Classic. Kids pick up on so much.

Goofyness said...

Jeremy's comment is the best. It is so something Abby would say, but hey Abby you did a good job hanging in there. We will have to come with you when you go again.