Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What a Special Day

Abby, Matthew, Lynn and I went to the Manti Temple on Saturday, September 12, 2009, to take some names that I have found on the New Family Search.

manti-lds-temple

We got the cards printed and there were 20 that needed sealings done.  Even though this was a busy Saturday morning with weddings etc and Apostle Christopherson coming for a training session in the temple with stake presidents and bishops, they were still doing sealings.  I was elated because I have been wanting to do these names for awhile.  We got dressed in our clothes and they took us to the Celestial Room to wait for the sealer;  it was so peaceful and quiet and a perfect time to sit and contemplate.  The sealer came and got us and we were in one of the sealing rooms just off the Celestial room; how special is that.

 

Then we started.  Lynn and I sealed a couple together first; then Matthew joined us and we did the male names of sealing to parents.  There were others there too and while we were resting our knees they did some for the temple. 

 

Then it was Abby’s turn with us;  we did the female sealings to parents. The sealer was special too, he kept remarking how happy these people were to be found and some of them had waited over 100 years to be sealed to their parents and what a joyous time they must be having today.  I was so happy while we were doing this, I was smiling and crying at the same time.  It was a feeling I have never felt before in the temple.  I know they were there with us.

 

We did some for the temple too and then it was time for the sealer to go marry someone and there was a session ready to come through the veil, so the others were getting ready to help them.  I was way impressed on all the things going on at once in the temple in a quiet and spiritual manner, everyone of those things providing a spiritual experience for those participating if they chose to be atuned; I felt like I was seeing a little part of how heaven is that day and I felt blessed beyond expression.

We are all wishing to have special spiritual experiences, well there is no better place than the temple.  I had one of those on Saturday and now I am anxious to get more names and feel that joy and bit of heaven again.  How about coming with me!!!!  I’d love to share it with you.

5 comments:

Abby said...

I'm with you. I will probably have some names of my own as well. It was a great day. One that I will remember forever.

Sheridy said...

How nice. Just last night I told louis that I would like to to sealings. I think that we are planning on going to do baptisms at the wenter quarters temple at the end of the month. but I have to take what i can when I can.

Matt said...

It was the best way to start the weekend. The drive was nice, the company was great, and it really set the tone for the rest of the day.

Jenny Stoker said...

I'm with you too. I found some names that I can do as well! I'm really excited to experience it for myself! GREAT blog mom! Keep it up!

Goofyness said...

Sounds so cool. Wish I could have been there to help. I love to do sealings. Sometimes it is nice to go and remember your marital covenants. That's what geneology is all about.