Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ten reasons why I LOVE April!!!

I cannot tell you how glad I am that March is finally over. It lived up to it's reputation up until the very last day with freezing cold wind and snow flurries all over the place. I am glad to kick out March and welcome April with open arms. At last there is spring in the air and hope for a sunny tomorrow. So here go my reasons why I love April.

1. First and foremost, Lynn and I were married in April, so I love April because of that.
2. The savior was born in April.
3. Conference is in April and I love going to conference and getting rejuvinated to be better than I am.
4. Disneyland is in April and it is not so hot in sunny California in April but sitting in the sunshine at Disneyland feels mighty good when it is bad weather at home.
5. I can get my flower beds ready for the new season.
6. The kids can play outside and have a great time.
7. I might can get my lawn cut and get all the dead grass off (if Matt is in the mood that is).
8. Everyone is more happy and smiling because they can get outside and bask in the sunshine.
9. Sometimes Easter falls in this month and I love Easter. I love coloring eggs and rolling them down a hill and putting plastic eggs for the kids to find for an easter egg hunt. Also Easter dinner is quite yummy.
10. Last but not least, the cows get branded in April and this has become quite a fun thing for our family and extended families to participate in. They get all dirty and smelly and we take them a hamberger for lunch and we all feel pretty satisfied with life.

There you have it. My reasons for loving April. What are some of yours?

4 comments:

Abby said...

I love april because the grass is green and you can go on early evening walks. I love april because the flowers bud and trees have leaves. I love all the reasons you love april with the exception of the flower beds. I'll let Matt take care of the yards. We can sit on the porch and watch him work while we drink lemonade.

Goofyness said...

I love April because it means a new beginning. Spring means to start over. Everything is green and starting to bloom. Also April means conference and also a chance to listen to the prophet speak.

Matt said...

Yeah, April's pretty good.

Jenny Stoker said...

I like April because my kids can let out all their energy and run around outside instead of inside. Also I love April cause it's warmer. Now I am ready for the sun.